Tuesday 8 October 2013

FRA - HKG

In the morning, we woke up and packed our luggage to hit Frankfurt Airport. The breakfast in the hotel was amazing, with more choices of ham and cheeses. Too bad we were a little rushed that morning so we couldn't spend more time for the magnificent breakfast.

We went to the Koln station on foot, and took the train to Frankfurt Airport with high-speed train. Thank goodness we already bought the ticket since we arrived in Bordeaux, because the train was so freaking crowded. A lot of peeps with big luggage were forced to stand the entire journey.

From the Frankfurt station to the airport, we had to walk a rather long walk till we finally arrived in the check-in station. I saw the big check-in counter from Lufthansa Airline and I remembered that I still have this old blanket from this airline since 1992 or something. I called it Pepe Halus in Bahasa Indonesia which means soft blanket LOL.

After we check in the flight, we were now queuing for the immigration check, and the officer was so handsomely androgynous. Her grey eyes are so intense I really love to see them.

BTW we have to redeem the tax from the cooking pressure pot that we bought in Koln, so we went as instructed to the place the check in attendant told us, but we found out the worker there is a bit... unfriendly. Both of the money changer shops, both same shops, both workers are so freaking unfriendly. I think they are Indian or maybe Arabian I wasn't sure.

Anyway, Frankfurt Airport has a very few selections of duty free shops, so I couldn't window-shop there. Well, that's it. We were going to fly back to Hong Kong, another 10 and a half hour flight. I didn't think that I will have a good sleep during the flight, and I was so right. During the Hong Kong - London flight, we boarded at midnight, so I guess it was easy for me to rest. But it was noon when we started to fly to Hong Kong that day, so I had some difficulties to fell asleep. My dad started to snore as soon as the plane depart. Sleeping like a pro. No wonder I had some jet-lag when we arrived in Hong Kong. So this is jet-lag. But I recovered quickly enough, even my dad was surprised. He thought that my mom and I will be the same, having jet-lag and the urge to sleep for two or more days. He told me that when they flew to New York to participate in the NY Marathon, my dad ran while my mom was snoring in the hotel LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment