Tuesday 8 October 2013

Je t'aime France...

Trying to forget the incident in the airport, one of my dad's friend picked us up, and was worried cause we appeared last. He thought we missed the plane or something. He then took us for a tour in the city square. Well mate, I can really say that his driving is... the best words I can say: Fast and furious, literally. Some people say that Italian and French are the worst drivers in the world. I can acknowledge that now.

Aside from his driving, he is warm and very fluent in English, he even taught us a few french. Merci beaucoup, bonjour, d'accord, etc. He said my bonjour pronounciation is perfect. Aaaaaah so happy. I think french really is the sexiest language in the world. The way they prounce the 'j', like 'ze' or.. errr.. I can't describe it with words. I just love to pronounce it. Ze... Ze... Ze... Nyahaha. He also explained that Bordeaux has many winery, and some of them are very popular around the world. Imagine this: a high quality bottle of wine from Bordeaux can cost up to €15k. *Crink-crink! Me and my dad was completely in shock. How far can someone spend just for this kind of luxury.

Just like London, there are a lot of old building in Bordeaux, all of them are still in perfect condition. Dad's client said that in Bordeaux, if you maintain and help the government to restore the building, they can cut their taxes. I think it's a clever way to get more participation from the people.

He took us to a nice lunch, in this beautiful cafe in the city center. The special menu for aujourd'hui is duck served with salad and wine sauce. I don't know the name of the dish though. BTW in Europe if you ask for mineral water, you have to be precise, whether if you want a sparkling or still. As an Asian, I'm not used to carbonated water, so sometimes you have to be specific.

The bread served there probably the best bread I have ever tasted. The outer crust is hard, but the inner is very soft and moist, and also salty. And the dessert: just WOW! The butler served us a wide selection of cakes and macaroons, but I chose a strawberry tart, and my dad's client allowed me to taste a little bit of his chocolate cake. Gosh, I can die peacefully now. Hahaha.

Next we went to Gare St. Jean, where we were going to meet the other Indonesian marathon contestants. After that, we started our journey to Chateau La Dauphine, where we are gonna stay for the next two nights. The journey was very unpleasant really, but we saw a lot of wineries and vineyards along the way. It is very magnifique. The buildings are old and... gosh I don't have anymore words to describe. Argh I feel so lucky to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment