Wednesday 7 May 2014

Lesson Learned

Yes, bad news, my portable hard drive broke down after J (or did I?) accidentally dropped it. The light's still on, but it keep making weird noises like something jammed inside. I took it to various 3C already and they kept saying the same thing: if you want to save the file, it will cost you a fortune and there is no guarantee to get your files back. The problem is: all my captured image + raw files were all in there, and since I changed my notebook, I didn't preserve any of the files. Thus, disastrously, all those memories since high school, all the trips to Europe, all those files, "puff", evaporate away.

Then there's this Garuda Indonesia World Photo Contest. I searched my brain for likely photo to enter, and the girl in traditional Balinese clothing came into my mind. I stole this photo from my own Google Keep account.


And this. This time from my Facebook page. Mom loves this one, especially.

Too bad the raw files were lost. What a disaster.

Later I told my friend, who is a pro photographer about this unfortunate matter, and he said he always back up his raw photo files, not once, not twice, but thrice (I googled for this word, and frankly it shouldn't be a word, not sure tho) so he can make sure that all his files are safe.

Ah, well... true words from true master indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment