Friday 3 January 2014

Lone wolf

Making Twilight (yes, I have read the novel, from Twilight to Breaking Dawn, and I despise those who make fun of the story without reading it.) and Hangover as references, I noticed the term wolfpack, whether literally or served only as a metaphor. A group of wolves that live, feed, hunt, and travel together as a family group. But there is one trait that marked my attention: lone wolf.

As a person who has a lone wolf trait, is an individual who prefers solitude and works alone, usually an introverted. However, a lone wolf in a wolf pack, usually means someone who spends enough time to be considered as a part of the group, but not close enough to the members.

I have never considered myself as an introvert, but after having a sudden realization by looking in the mirror of the past, I am a lone wolf. You see, I have this personal pattern: sometimes I can be seen in a group, but the other time, I can be a solitary person who likes to work alone. When I'm a part of a group, I can be very talkative and laugh a lot, usually the group's clown. I love to be a part of the wolfpack, but sometimes I feel like I need my own personal space, and that's when I started to do things alone, without the group. For instance: I eat alone, I Starbucks alone, I travel alone, I read a book alone (well enough said, who reads a book with a large group of people?) And at this specific time, I don't like to be bothered. Just like the first day of 2014, after a crazy night with the group, I felt like I was craving for some quality time alone. Exhausted, sleep-deprived, and hungry, I went to the Starbucks in Sun Moon Lake alone, ordered one green tea latte plus a cheese cake, and took out my Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, and started reading it. I stayed there for like two hours or so? When the sunlight was almost out, I packed my things, and went back to Puli and found myself sitting in a chair in a salon while the stylist massage my shoulders and neck. That day, I had my first good night sleep after a long time, and woke up next day feeling refreshed.

I am now completely certain I have this lone wolf trait. I don't belong to any group or wolfpack, yet I can blend well in them and for time to time I can creep quietly and left them for me and my shadow to be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment