Tuesday 14 January 2014

RUN SAMANTHA RUN!

I haven't posted the 16 km route I ran late December, but in the mean time, I can't run anymore, cause my knees have been very painful lately. I went to the traditional Chinese medicine doctor to have them checked, acupuncture, and also massage. The doctor told me I ran too much and told me to rest a bit.

Doesn't feel a thing

I thought like after a month later I can run again, but.. sigh. I had an accident yesterday. I was on my way back to school's dorm after having a tooth pulled out. And I don't know is it because of the anesthesia or what, I felt... no energy? I know I wasn't in my best situation so I chose to drive slower than usual. Well, even if you are being cautious enough, the other people may not as careful as you.

I was driving my scooter at maybe 30 or 40 km/h, 6 pm or so, when this pick-up wagon suddenly appeared from my left side and the next thing I knew, was that I was sliding on the road and rolled again and again like a meat sushi. I distinctly remember my right foot was slightly caught under my scooter but luckily didn't drag me under it. Man, the pain and agony. I don't easily cry, but at that time I was in pain, I just couldn't control my breath and tears just dropping. I was in shock, I still could move my feet, but I couldn't feel my left hand.

I tried to get up with my right hand, and these kind people asked me if I was okay or could I stand or something. Do I look okay, mates? I wanted to shout these words but I just couldn't find a moment between my breaths. So they called an ambulance, and the pick-up wagon's driver, he was trembling also and keep asking me while poking my feet. And with a little energy left I told him not to, and open my leather jacket's zip, and tried to call the first person that popped in my mind and definitely can help me. I felt very grateful that Taiwanese people are kind enough to stop their cars and asked me if I'm okay.

Then the ambulance came, and I realized that I had this big bruise on my left hand, and every time they touched the bruise I just scream uncontrollably. It was so painful okay?! They took me to the nearest hospital and sighed. Why? Why I have to visit this emergency room again? I went there two years ago, and it wasn't a pleasure. The staffs there most likely immune to the agonizing cries of the patient, and keep trying to ask you question in a very kind manner. Yeah, manner (sarcasm detected).

Nevertheless, they cut my lovely jeans, I went to X-ray, and had my bruises cleaned and treated. I was still crying and my breaths were still fast, I felt my hand trembling with fear and cold. They told me I have this hole in my elbow and I have to treat it carefully or it will scar. I felt thankful enough to be alive, really, despite all this bruises and this hole, my jeans were cut, I lost my scarf, my leather jacket torn apart, and I had to bring my scooter to have it repaired. And the most important of all, I still have my friends and my roommate who care about me. I had my hair washed by her (THANK GOD, THANK YOU ROOMIE LOVE YOU!) and helped me clean my wounds with alcohol which stinged a lot. I was laughing while tearing with pain hahahaha.

2 comments:

  1. Ya ampun ci puputt gws!!! omg i am trembling as i read your story :&

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boakaja maybe gw nulis ny sm lebay e kek lo. sankyu novv :^

      Delete