Tuesday 28 January 2014

Shop, shop, shop

I woke up in a beautiful but still cloudy morning in the Luther King House, and preparing myself for the breakfast. The breakfast in the guest house was superb. You can choose from whole wheat and plain toast, plus ham and bacon, and you can accompany them with two variations of cheeses. I have noticed from previous posts that I freaking love cheese right? Every time I see cheese in lounge or hotel breakfast I immediately take a slice of any cheese. Parmesan, gouda, brie, camembert, even I dare to take a bite on blue cheese, which my dad won't even touch. Beside sandwich, you can try the croissant and the muffin. Man, the chocolate muffin is so delicious, probably the best I have tried ever in my life, literally. And also you can drink from the coffee vending machine there: espresso, cappuccino, latte, chocolate, chocolate milk, and many more. Best breakfast ever.
Best breakfast ever

Neil came after breakfast and they had this meeting in the dining room. After discussing for about an hour or more, we decided to go to Arndale shopping center. They wanted to see the latest style of Clarks, and I thought it would be a great idea if I could go shopping in Primark. And... there I was, flipping through the clothes, finding the size (I'm size 10... should I go on a diet? LOL). After collecting loads of clothes, I tried them on in the handicapped fitting room *whistling, and paid all of them within an hour. And when I went out, just in time they came back after buying a pair of Clarks beige wallabee, and Neil went home, left me and my dad to have a father daughter quality time.

Anyway, we walked around the shops and stopped by in Clarks, and he showed me the pair that he bought. it was £60 or more I forgot, so bloody expensive. And, at the same time, there was a clearance sale, up to 60% off, so... my hand twitched and I tried several leather boots and also this blue men desert boots: it was so extremely comfy! I absolutely adored them, but frankly we left the store with a pair of women boots :).
♥ Clarks

Next stop: second hand book store just around the corner. My dad knows the owner, Eddy, and brought him a pair of shoes made from our factory. You can tell how happy he was as he tried them on. My dad stumbled upon this store while he was leisurely walking near Arndale, and he was like he had found a treasure chest. Our family love books, we have books everywhere in our house: bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, living room, arbeitzimmer (working room? So weird to say that in English so I used Deutsch), literally everywhere. Why bathroom you asked? Yes I know it's weird, well we don't read while we are showering, but when we are using the toilet, well not we, I have this eerie habit of reading while using the toilet since I was a little kid. My mother's reading hobby influenced her children a lot, and we have like a small library within our house. 

Bought too many books...

Every time my dad visits Manchester he always pays Eddy a visit and picks up loads of cooking books or maybe novels, and even encyclopedias. Books there are sold in rock-bottom prices, like a pound for a novel, or maybe 50 pence for a book, but you have to be patient to find what you're looking for. Just like what he wrote on his store's wall, "...", damn I forgot the sayings, I'll update this after I look the photos in my Canon. Much much later, we ended up dragging three bags full of books. I found The Lord of The Ring series for Jeremy, and guess the price? £6! What a bargain! All three of 'em! And also Winnie the Pooh: Complete Stories for my junior, and Gordon Ramsay's Indian Cookbook for my little brother. And my dad also snapped out many cooking book for my mom, which she never used HAHAHA. 


Being a wounded person doesn't stop me from shopping, hell yeah that's the spirit hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment