Tuesday 4 March 2014

US visa

I have been to UK, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, mainland China, Taiwan, and Singapore. I know, still a few of them, but there's this one country I've always wanted to go to: USA. Moreover, I finally got this chance to visit this winter holiday, by sacrificing my part-time job in Taiwan as a translator. Cos I had to apply for US Visa. Luckily, my dad had applied for the visa even before I arrived in my home country. Thus just a few days after I got home, I had the appointment for the interview with the USA embassy in Jakarta. 

Let me share the details after I arrived in Taiwan from UK. Arrived safe and sound in Kaohsiung Airport, I went back to the deserted Puli, and managed to work my part-time job for two days before I flew again from Taoyuan Internation Airport to Jakarta, where the flood is ready to embrace me. Nah, just kidding, the flood had already gone in the town where I live. Crazy, huh, being me, just two days arrived in Taiwan, then I have to get ready to fly again, but this time, to my hometown, I was pretty homesick at that time. 

Had a little difficulties while doing the interview, cos I forgot to bring my latest 6 months' photo in 5 x 5 cm, and my dad told me to get the photo ready the night before the appointment. Crazy, huh? Yet I still managed to sprung up the legitimate photo, but it was the same one with the photo in my Schengen and UK visa within my passport. Unfortunately, the worker there noticed, and I tried to reason with her. Still they passed my passport and my application in, and I had to wait like an hour or more to be interviewed with the real American. She asked me my reason to visit USA, and I stated more or less what my dad told me to say. I want to visit the WSA Magic, a forum for fashion footwear, in Las Vegas. Yes, but my dad didn't tell me what WSA is short for. My fault, really, and the interviewer asked me that tricky question. Really bad start. 

Anyway, she then noticed my photo and later asked me to drop-off my passport and my newest photo, then several days later, my US visa was ready. Pretty quick, huh? More efficient than applying for UK and Schengen visa, to be honest. 

Freaking worker put the queue sticker
on top of my HK fast track barcode
So, visa's ready, my luggage is ready, the plane ticket is ready, what are we waiting for? Let's go to LA!


No comments:

Post a Comment